Or as I like to call it, “My Life Can Resume” Day.
Don’t get me wrong, it has been amazingly wonderful to have had the girls home for the last three and a half weeks. I got to spend TONS of time with them. We bonded. We baked. We had fun. I’m tired. Working and entertaining 2 young kids for a prolonged period of time is omigosh exhausting!!! I felt like I was going nonstop from 6:30am until 11pm but I wasn’t sleeping well because I felt like I didn’t accomplish enough during the day. After three weeks, I am thrilled to:
1) Have some peace and quiet. Maybe the silence is deafening, but it’s also glorious. Shhhhhhhh, can you hear it? The sound of silence. Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh…
2) Not have anyone demanding food. Seriously, my children are constantly ravenous. Not just mildly noshy, STARVING. I literally used up every dish I own EVERY SINGLE DAY.
3) When I clean the house up at 9am, it will stay that way…until 3:30pm at least. The children will have fewer hours during which they can make a complete and utter disaster of this house.
4) Answer emails in a timely fashion. It’s incredible how difficult it is to get the simplest task done when two little monkeys are hanging off you, pulling you in seven directions, and demanding food at the same time.
5) Pick up those little munchkins at the end of the day and hear all about their adventures at school.
I can’t believe my babies are in school – Kindergarten and Nursery School…Gosh, the time is flying by so quickly! I know it will seem like a blink of the eye and they will both be off to high school, college, life…
I’m going to enjoy all our small moments while we have them. Hope you do the same.