Here’s some fun stuff about me (is it plagiarism if I lifted this from myself off facebook???):
1) I love food. I love eating it, cooking it, smelling it, reading about it, talking about it, dreaming about it. I also love eating at restaurants: cheap, expensive, dives, palaces – it don’t matter as long as the food is great. There is nothing worse than a mediocre meal (especially one that is expensive).
2) I HATE HATE HATE mayonnaise. I even hate the sound of the word.
3) One of my M.O.’s is “Good is the enemy of Great.” Always strive for awesomeness. Another is “I am willing to try everything twice” – I find that once is never enough…By the second time you can tell if the first try was just a fluke or not.
4) Sugar is my favorite food. Straight up sugar (like cotton candy or lollipops). I don’t need flour, chocolate or any other ingredient mucking up my sugar. It’s actually how I take my coffee – Sugar with a little bit of coffee and milk. Plus, I got 4 cotton candy machines for my birthday one year.
5) Speaking of sugar…I love to bake. I make a mean pie, an intricate and decorated multi-layered cake or just some simple cookies. I love to experiment and to sculpt in dough. I once baked a 6 tiered wedding cake…But, as I mentioned in #4, I don’t particularly like to eat baked goods. One bite (or 3, ok I AM human) is usually enough.
6) I married my best friend and high school sweetheart. Yup, I married a Glen Rock boy. And he’s the best.
7) I’m a hoarder. I have a really hard time letting go of things, as I attach sentimental value to EVERYTHING. Thank you mom.
8) I secretly want to be a spy. Or an acrobat (I took trapeze classes for a year in order to lose the baby weight from #1).
9) I got a phenomenal score on my GMAT but decided that B school just isn’t for me. One day I’ll go back to school for fun.
10) I love pretending that my daughters are dolls. I play dress-up everyday. Actually, I get to play about 3 times a day since they really enjoy getting dirt on pretty clothes.
11) I am in love with New York City. I love that no matter how many times I walk down the same street, I always find something new. Like the 18th time I walked down 18th Street I saw a building I had NEVER noticed before. I get inspired.
12) I love my family – all of the various extensions.
13) I love art and hope to have a nice collection one day.
14) I collect cook books and art books (ok, and a lot of other things. See? I AM a hoarder!).
15) Travelling is the best. I love experiencing new cultures, new food, new sights, sounds, smells and people. I always look for the market (flea or food) in any new place I visit – it’s the heart of a culture and you can learn so much about people.
16) I’m afraid of snakes.
17) I’m a certified stage fighter. I used to be a concert pianist, for which I won dozens of competitions. I’ve had more lives than most cats (and I’m a Leo to boot). I hope I can have dozens more…
18) I love a good bargain. And I like to annoy my husband (and anyone else) by telling him what a great bargain I got. He likes to point out that I shouldn’t brag about how cheap I can get things, but I just can’t help it! Why pay retail when you don’t have to?!?
19) I’m an avid reader. I used to read 3 books at once. I don’t have the time to do that any more, but I try to get through 3 books a month. Recommendations anyone?
20) I can play the recorder with my nose.
21) I remember the strangest details about the randomest things. Yup, you guessed it, I enjoy playing trivial pursuit. Jeopardy, too.
22) I am a shoe whore. I don’t know how many pairs I own. I lost count a long time ago. When I moved to my current apartment, my brother Tal laughed at me because I had 3 giant boxes filled with only shoes. He thought I could downsize…All I can say is that there will be more shoe-only boxes when I leave this place. Oh, and I have a special weakness for red shoes. And blue shoes. And Louboutins (if only I could afford the entire collection!).
23) I love people. Hearing their stories, sharing their joys, helping, supporting, etc. I try to keep in touch with people for as long as possible. I enjoy reconnecting as well as making new friends. I enjoy talking to random people (aka strangers) and hearing what they have to say.
24) I fell in love with Rachmaninov at a very young age. He was my first love (sorry Zackee!).
25) Eschew obfuscation.